Technical Writing Services
Need online help documentation for your software product? Need user guides, installation guides and professional instructions written for your customers? Young Copy’s team of technical writing consultants produce high-end technical documentation for less than the cost of hiring someone in-house.
What is full service technical writing?
At Young Copy, we provide full service technical writing where you get a team of technical writing consultants on an ongoing basis for complete, thorough, and up-to-date technical documentation. We understand software and have written and continue to write and maintain software documentation for leading software, hosting, IT, and technology companies around the world.
Full service technical writing means you get a team of highly qualified technical writers and technical editors who understand how to document your software products and services thoroughly in order to attract and educate your customers to use your software products, thereby reducing support costs while increasing trustworthiness in your brand.
Tour Young Copy’s Technical Writing Services
Get a private tour of Young Copy’s multi-million dollar client portfolio today. You’ll get exclusive access to Young Copy’s technical writing services and software documentation work on global brands. Get an inside look at the technology we use to document software that reaches millions of customers daily. Contact us today to schedule your private tour.
What technical writing services does Young Copy offer?
The Young Copy technical writing services team can create online help, installation guides, quick start guides, user documentation, and other technical documentation for your software company. Your documentation will be developed to communicate effectively to multiple audiences. Software users typically range from beginner to advanced so your technical documentation must be written to communicate to a wide range of skills and experience.
- User Documentation Writing Services
- Installation Guides Writing Services
- Online Help Writing Services
- Quick Start Guides Writing Services
- Other Technical Documentation
- Technical Writing Consultants
Young Copy can create help documentation in the following formats:
- Online html documentation
- Windows Help File (CHM)
- Word Docs
Young Copy uses the following software programs:
- RoboHelp for HTML and Word
- SnagIt (for taking screenshots and image manipulation). Other programs may be used if specified.
- ActiveCampaign’s KnowledgeBuilder
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Photoshop
Young Copy can develop software documentation for all platforms including:
- Windows desktop and server (any version)
- Linux (Red Hat Enterprise, centOS, any flavor)
- Oracle, MySQL, PostGreSQL and other databases
Young Copy uses the following source control for all document writing services:
- SVN and TortoiseSVN
- Source control of your choice.
If there is a particular product or tool your organization prefers we use, please let Young Copy know. Dave will implement and use any product to integrate seamlessly with your company.
Why do you need technical writing services by Young Copy?
Well written user documentation reduces support cost. If your documentation contains accurate and complete instructions, your end users will get the answers they need from your help documents before contacting your support technicians. Fewer support technicians will save you time and money.
Your documentation will be designed, written, and deployed so end users can get to the information they need quickly and easily. The faster your end users can find information, the happier they become with your software product. And happy customers tend to tell other people about your product.
Young Copy will work with your developers, support technicians, project managers, and marketing team for the best return on investment (ROI). And your documentation can be written for multiple versions of your software products.
What are the unique characteristics of Young Copy’s technical writing services?
Young Copy’s technical writing consultants create documentation that is easy to read and follow for your customers. There are several unique aspects of effective documentation created and maintained by Young Copy.
- One unique aspect of your documentation will be the Table of Contents (TOC). Your documentation’s TOC will correspond directly with the navigation of your software product making it simple and user-friendly for your end users.
- Another unique aspect of your documentation will be the “Common Questions” document stating a list of questions most frequently asked by your end users. Each question is linked to the correlating documentation for faster reference.
- A third unique aspect of your documentation will be the “Documentation Feedback” form linked directly from every page or topic in your documentation. Customers will have the opportunity to provide feedback, ask questions, and request more information on a particular document.
Other Technical Documentation
Need other technical documentation not shown above? Check out our other technical documentation page to learn more.
Ready for Young Copy to write your organization’s technical writing services? Get started today. Contact Young Copy today to get a customized quote guaranteed to deliver high quality results and save your company money.